Science and Health 444:10
One of the oldest churches in Tyler, First Church of Christ, Scientist has held regular services in the Tyler area since 1899. We have been in our current location since 1949.
We offer Sunday church services, Sunday School for children and young adults up to the age of 20, Wednesday testimony meetings, and a Thanksgiving Day service of gratitude.
We typically host two public talks/lectures on Christian Science yearly.
Child Care is provided at all of our services.
A visit to our Reading Room, located nearby, can provide insight into the many blessings of a religion fully based on the healings and spiritual teachings of Christ Jesus. The Reading Room is open to everyone.
Click HERE for location, times of services, and remote listening.
Mary Baker Eddy, who discovered and founded Christian Science, defined Christian Science as “the law of God, the law of good . . . ” (Rudimental Divine Science, p. 1). She’d learned that God is infinite Love, and completely good. A clear glimpse of this through prayer has power to heal and transform anyone.
Mary Baker Eddy was a lifelong student of the Bible. And she’d always wanted to find solutions to human suffering. When she was critically injured in 1866, she turned to God with her whole heart. While reading accounts of Jesus’ swift, powerful healings, she experienced a new sense of God. She saw that God, Spirit, is the only reality. And she was completely healed. She wanted to understand what happened, so she studied the Bible and found universal and dependable laws of God. These laws are the foundation of Christian Science.
Since then many people have been healed and redeemed as they learn about their relationship to God through this reliable Science of Christianity. Read Mary Baker Eddy's primary work, the textbook of Christian Science, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures.
Mary Baker Eddy, the founder of Christian Science, outlined a few brief tenets, rather than a creed or doctrinal beliefs, that summarize the essential points of Christian Science, all of which are rooted in the Bible.Show More
The Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, is the foundation for the theology and practice of Christian Science. For Mary Baker Eddy, Christian Science flowed out of an inspired understanding of the Bible, which illumined the divine laws behind spiritual healing.Show More
Mary Baker Eddy considered herself a spiritual pioneer whose work encompassed the disciplines of science, theology, and medicine. After her discovery of God’s laws as powerful spiritual mandates, always present and operating to heal, redeem, and bless humanity, she devoted her life to practicing, teaching, and sharing this healing Science of Christianity.Show More
Our Pastor is comprised of two books, the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, authored by Mary Baker Eddy. Our Pastor is available around the clock to comfort, guide, and heal.Show More
The following is a brief exposition of the important points, or religious tenets, of Christian Science: —
1. As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
2. We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God’s image and likeness.
3. We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
4. We acknowledge Jesus’ atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man’s unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
5. We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
6. And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, pages 496-497
The Tyler Church is a branch of The First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston, MA
Christian Science is in no way aﬃliated with Scientology